Wednesday 24 December 2008

Merry Christmas, Everyone ...

As I type, John is undergoing the stent procedure. This was one of the options we were praying for, rather than full blown open heart surgery. Visiting John over the last couple of days has been an interesting study into human nature ... you can't help but overhear conversations from other patients, either with themselves (the poor man next to John who lay sobbing, saying "what about my son, somebody help me", enough to make your own heart break) or with wives (the man on the other side telling his wife that they were going to make changes, going to have more fun in life, both of them weeping). John and I feel too young to be having to go through this, but here it is.

I spoke to him this morning and we chatted about the guy beside him (the one with the wife) who had had another heart attack in the night. He is due for bypass and the reason he had been so upset was because they had refused to let him home for a couple of hours on Christmas Day ... it seems they really do know best, after all.

That all said, we are positive thinking people and know this will be the best thing to allow John to heal, move forward and the lesson to us both is "don't sweat the small stuff" ... the one big change for us will be to deal with everyday issues calmly, to not let the little things stress us out, let's face it, NOTHING is that important, really.

I thought I would take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy 2009. Thank you for all your support during this time, we appreciate it more than you could know.

And so, a little humour ... I pulled this together as a surprise for John and he laughed so hard he had to sit down, tears rolling down his face ... it feels only fitting that I share it ... let's face it, this is the last time John will be this energetic for a while :)

Turn the sound up, and enjoy ! Merry Christmas !!!

NB: No animals were harmed in the making of this Christmas missive!


Send your own ElfYourself eCards

4 comments:

  1. Great news...we all hope John gets well as quickly as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas to you both, and here's to a bright new start for 2009!

    all the best

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I forgot to wish John "Good 'elf..." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I said on the phone, keeping everything crossed and I hope you get your christmas wish

    Paul

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)