Friday 19 December 2008

Prayers please ... (update)

Just a short post to let you know that my husband, John, suffered a heart attack tonight. I am staying with my best friend who lives a short walk from the hospital, so that I can be close.

Please keep him in your prayers, but also please note that I will not be monitoring emails for a few days. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Special thanks to Matt Pereira and Yvonne Blume, more to follow, thank you.

Ever the photographer ... my husband ...







-- Post From My iPhone

***Update*** I have spoken to John's medical staff this morning and they have confirmed that he has had a heart attack, but thank God, a minor one. John is only 49 and has rarely had a sick day in his life ... there is no history of heart disease in his family and so we are thrown completely by this. John is completely shell-shocked and TBH the look in his eyes in the ambulance last night is something that will stay with me forever.

I would like to thank everyone who has contacted my with offers of help, best wishes, hugs and love, from all over the world ... you are keeping us going through this time. A big BIG special thanks to photographer, Jon Rouston, who has stepped in to shoot my wedding tomorrow (Roz and Phil) at Packington Moor ... I don't even know where to begin.

It is looking like we will be spending Christmas Day in hospital this year, the timing sucks, but I would rather have him there, being well looked after, than take him home too soon.

With much love and appreciation to you all.

Gill x

15 comments:

  1. Gill, I've been so anxious all afternoon for you. Rene and I are thinking of you and John and hoping for his quick recovery. If there's anything at all that I can do to help from here, you know I'm only a phone call away. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Gill! Of course, prayers are with you guys! May God's infinte powers take over now and bring you peace and your husband healing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending my very best wishes to John for a speedy recovery, and hugs to you, Gill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your husband and you Gill, God Bless...
    your DWF friend,
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear this news.

    Please give John our best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gill,

    The pair of you are in my thoughts. Wishing JT a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  7. We pray for a fast recovery. You're in our thoughts and hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gill, I just wanted to let you know that both Iain and I are thinking of. I hope the news for John is good and that he has a quick recovery. Hugs from both of us. Louise

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear this Gill, praying for a speedy recovery.

    Lots of love

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cripes, best wishes for now and we hope Xmas and the new year is a whole heap better you both,
    Ben, Kirstie & Boo the bump x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear your news Gill. Hope he's back to his old self soon.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  12. My thoughts and best wishes are with you both

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bloody hell...all the best to him from David, Jenny and Isaac, and we hope the year ends on a more positive note for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gill, Pete told us the news yesterday. we are all shocked. Anything we can do to help please shout.

    Thinking of you both all the time.

    Love and Hugs Ad, Ree & Xander
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Prayers all the way! I'm glad everyone is doing better and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)