Sunday 12 August 2007

James & Gemma's Wedding - Swinfen Hall

I think the e-mail from Gemma on Friday night (with details of her formals) summed up their day for me ...

"Hi Gill - I can't believe it's finally here! Time has just flown by!"

I guess that's how it feels for all of us girls who are getting married ... all that planning and then, suddenly, it's here, it's time !!!

Gemma came to see me a few weeks ago with an idea for a gift for her husband to be ... a saucy photo shoot in her bridal underwear ... no, I'm not posting them here LOL - they were for James's eyes only and he loved the photos!!

So, armed with my glamorous assistant for the day, Carl, we headed off to Swinfen to cover James and Gemma's day.

As always, here is a selection of my favourites from the day ...

Carl went off with the guys and covered them getting ready and having a laugh ...

... while I stayed with the girls ... this setup works really well as both parties feel comfortable being shot in various states of undress by photographers of the same gender ...


Gemma's dress was absolutely stunning - really big skirt with Victorian lace overlay - scrumptious ... and I took every opportunity throughout the day to get a great shot of it :)

The ceremony was lovely, very emotional as both Gemma and James were nervous, all of a sudden!

I love the expression as James looks around at Gemma walking in ...

I love capturing little moments like this - Gemma just grasped a couple of James's fingers - a delicate touch ...

We headed out for the small amount of formals the guys wanted, here are 2 of my favourites - when I was posing the girls I told them of my plan for a fun shot - the guests were all on the patio, cameras poised, so I thought I would give them a treat ... or so I thought LOL

This is the demure version ...

And one word from me ... Charlie's Angels ... ha ha !

Oh, and did I mention that I took every opportunity to shoot that dress? LOL

Once the meal was finished, Carl and I headed in to cover the speeches - particularly good ones this week, as James had 2 best men ... boy, did he get a roasting !!!

Double checking the speech ...

Laughter ...

Toasts ...

Romance ...

The evening light was absolutely beautiful and so we could not resist getting James and Gemma (and their friends and family) out for more photographs before we finished for the day ...

The final shot ... this started out as a small number and ended up a massive line of people - who I made walk like 'hey hey, we're the monkeys' LOL :)

James and Gemma head off for an extended honeymoon today - a surprise for Gemma as James has planned it all ... how romantic ! See you in a few weeks, guys :)

Gill x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)