Monday 20 August 2007

Portraits - Anywhere !

I have been thinking about branching out properly into portraiture to compliment my wedding photography business - I have dabbled with setups with friends and their children, and family members - don't we all? Not forgetting, of course, a few wedding clients have wanted portraiture work, including boudoir sessions and engagement or pre-wedding shoots - but up until now I didn't really give it enough thought ... so time to change that !

Ollie (wedding client's dog!)

David (friend)

Adam (friend) and his son, Xander

So this got me thinking about the type of portraiture I can offer - remember, I don't have a studio, which would be the traditional type of portrait photography - so what to do?

Well, to be honest, you can take a really good portrait just about anywhere.

The 2 photos here of me (top of post and below) are self portraits taken especially for this post.


These were taken in my dining room ... now, just to show that I don't live in a palace ... here is the setup ...


As you can see, you don't need a lot of space - just good lighting, good composition and post production skills ... I am dead chuffed with these and I usually hate being that side of the camera !

Why not contact me if you would like to take up my limited offer - I am currently waiving the sitting fee, meaning you only pay for the output of your session - why not treat yourself to beautiful canvas for your wall, or a framed print or multiple prints !

Click here to contact me ! I look forward to hearing from you :)

Gill x

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gill, I love the new site and the pictures look amazing. Keep up the good work,
    all the best, Glen

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)