Sunday 30 March 2008

Creativity and Confidence ...

"Properly practiced creativity can make one ad do the work of ten "

William Bernbach (1989)

I have always loved and admired the creativity that goes into clever advertising and it has never ceased to amaze me how ad people come up with their ideas. A friend of mine from Ireland, Tara West, is an avertising executive with Genesis Advertising in Belfast ... I remember asking her how the ideas came about - I was enthralled with tales of mad meetings with ideas bouncing off the walls and ceiling, before coming crashing down with a bang and becoming reality !

There is a TV ad currently runnng in the UK which I just felt the need to share ... it not only stirs my love of all things creative but makes me dance, sing and giggle every single time!

Unfortunately, it doesn't actually make me wanna go out and buy the car - I'd rather have the singing dog !

Those of you who know me will recognise my sense of humour, those of you who don't? ... this is my sense of humour to a tee !!! :)

Enjoy ... and I DARE you not to chair-dance

3 comments:

  1. I tap my feet to the beat (well, what I think is the beat) every time I see this advert. It cracks me up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and now VW have had to pull the advert because 260 people complained about animal cruelty to the ASA.

    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE KIDDING ME !


    Oh well, you can get your fix here then :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)