Monday 31 March 2008

Wedding Day for Elizabeth & Tom

Elizabeth and Tom both had strong connections with their respective churches and, in fact, the priest who married them knew them both since they were kids. Both being very religious, it was no surprise that they decided on a beautiful full Catholic mass ceremony, complete with 2 choirs and 4 priests. They had their friends and family give readings full of support and love for them and their new life together.

Tom called me a few weeks before the wedding, sounding a tad peeved ... all along they were due to have their reception at Crewe Hall - that would be Crewe Hall which is now covered in emergency scaffolding ! Eek ! They had a short amount of time to sort out a new venue, but fortunately for them, the beautiful Sandon Hall was available - a stunning venue in the heart of Staffordshire.

I met with them both a couple of weeks prior to their day, at Sandon, and we all agreed it was going to be a wonderful venue for photos. It was at this meeting that Elizabeth mentioned ha she was starting to feel very nervous about photos on the day and so I assured her that I would respect her space and work with her on the day to ensure she was happy and did not feel I was intruding on the events as they unfolded.

At the last minute, I decided to ask my friend and fellow photographer, Jill Thorning-Jensen, along for the day - it is so much more fun with 2 of us around - our names keep it simple for people too :)

After a shaky start to the weather on the day, it at least stayed dry for us, if a little cold and windy at times. Everyone had a blast while I was there and I am sure that continued long into the night.

So, congratulations guys and good luck for a long and happy future together. Thank you for letting me be a part of such a wonderful day, too - the hugs of thanks from everyone made my day !






No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)