Wednesday 4 June 2008

Wedding Day for Claire & Mark

My 25th May wedding was held at Caverswall Castle, a privately owned, 13th Century castle nestled in the Staffordshire countryside.

Claire and Mark have been together for 6 years and were finally getting around to tying the knot :) The day started at Claire's parents pad (and wow, what a pad) where we had loads of space and time with the girls all getting ready for the day ahead. Once I had met all the bridesmaids I knew we were in for a fun-filled day !

When I arrived over at Caverswall, I found Mark a little nervous, but we managed to get him posing for some fun shots with the guys.

The ceremony was beautiful and full of laughter ... Claire had asked me to look after some of her paperwork and so I would like to add a couple of personal sections ... the first from their vows, well chosen as it just sums these two up so well ...


I promise that I will love and cherish you for the rest of our lives together. I will honour, cherish, comfort and support you with patience, understanding and humour. More than this, I will love you with all my heart, forever

Their friend, Sally Barton, then gave a reading ... here are some of my favourite parts from that: The Art of Marriage

A good marriage must be created

It is a relationship based on love, respect and determination

It is never too old to hold hands

It is standing together and facing the world

It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow

It is having the capacity to forgive and forget

It is not only marrying the right person, it is being the right partner


I hope this is a lovely reminder for you guys and I would like to thank you for letting me part of such a fun day, and to wish you every happiness in your life together ...

And now for some of my faves :)















This last shot is of my glamorous assistant, Delphine :)


Gill

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful images! My personal favorites are the Dolce and Gabbana bottle (spectacular) and the dress with the bride putting on her makeup in the background.

    Wonderfully real moments full of emotion. Well done for a photographer with a temporarily bum hand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never quite know if it's ok to post to my own blog LOL

    But thanks ! I should have broken bones in my hand on a regular basis methinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god Gill!! Its us, in a backstreet bar in Thailand on honeymoon. Seriously was a step back in time for us when we logged into your blog 5 mins ago. What amazing photos. Being out here it seems like the wedding was a world away - like a dream (the best dream in the world ever!!). So worried that our memories will fade over time of that very special day, but seeing those photos we know that we will always have a perfect reminder of what the day was really like. Thank you so much. Big hugs. Claire & Mark. xxx P.S. Glad you had fun.... you made it fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gill,
    We just wanted to say a big 'thank you' for helping to make Mark & Claire's day so special. Love the photos so far..especially the one capturing their reaction on seeing 'that photo'!
    Looking forward to seeing the full collection. Feel free to Photoshop 10 years off our age!
    Martin & Janet
    (Mark's Parents)

    ReplyDelete
  5. New assistant Delphine ? John been pushed asside then?

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)