Saturday 14 April 2007

Rose & Chris's Wedding

Today has taken me to beautiful Derbyshire, where I have been shooting Chris and Rose's wedding. The day started at Hoar Cross Church (which dates from 1720 - stunning!) where I managed to prize the rings from the best man for a shot I have been dying to try - I balanced the rings in the middle of the order of service so the shadows formed hearts - it worked great.



The ceremony followed and was beautiful. All went according to plan with no-one fluffing their words. Rose and Chris first met 35 years ago so this wedding was a long time coming !



My assistant for the day managed to accidentally catch this one ! I don't think it is usable - with me in it ! :)

The reception was held in a marquee beside Tithe Lakeside Barns - a lovely setting with lots of water (massive reservoirs) - of course, this brought us back into Staffordshire. The sun was shining - which isn't really all that great for photography - too much harsh light and lots of squinting, so some of the formals were taken inside the marquee - it was white and acted as a light diffuser.

Oh, here is my assistant, Delphine, ready to shoot at a moment's notice ... this image also shows off the lovely backdrop we had to work with.

The guests all had a great time - some more than others (a few casualties fairly early on - the dreaded beer :) - no photos of those though!)

I'm a stickler for tidy clothing, so when Chris's shirt started popping out, I asked him to sort it - so Rose had to stand in to save her new husband's dignity !

The speeches were short and well received ...and the partying was continuing as I posted ...

2 comments:

  1. Nice work.

    John sherper-ing again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave - hoofed my own bags along with me today :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)