Tuesday 10 July 2007

Memories and moving on ...

Hi friends ... Well, I recently made a decision to move on from my day job - I think this was probably one of the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make ... but now that the news is out officially I thought I would blog about it.

I worked for my company for 10 years and so you can imagine how much of a shock to the system it all is, for me, for my colleagues and for my cats who now have me at home all day LOL
So, in true photographer fashion, I rummaged through my many files and came up with a few favourites - there are so many more that I could have chosen - 10 years worth !

In no particular order ... just to indulge my memories ...

I can't remember which project kickoff this one was, but it was definitely in the Novotel in Wolverhampton ...

Eric being attacked by a massive head of hair !! I first worked with Eric when I was a rep in Scotland so he is definitely one of the Old Skool !

Andy (I think a few drinks in LOL). The first time I met Andy he was telling me off for changing data as the project team were trying to test the new systems - he soon forgave me and we worked together for around 9 years.
Alasdair in his usual stance - find a nice chair, grab a bottle of beer, and ... relax !
This is Sarah ... she was my number 2 in the office and she cried when I told her I was leaving - that was really sweet !
Whilst Maggie technically doesn't work for the company (she is a consultant) she seemed to be part of the furniture for a while and so needed a mention. We have had many nights out (and in) over the past year or so ...

This is one of my favourite office images - Simon has obviously received a very interesting e-mail :)
This is Ginge Mange a l'orange !!! Or Stevie, to anyone else. I worked for Stevie in Scotland when I first made the move from sales to IT - fun times !
Rob has left the company too (earlier this year) but he needed a mention as he has been a close friend for around 7 years (and still is) - we don't get to see each other much these days as he lives so far away now, but we still try to keep in touch - he's sitting at my desk here, more than likely fixing something I broke - ha ha !
Pete next ... no idea what on earth he is doing here but I think beer had a lot to do with it ! Pete was actually my husband's best man - 4 years ago almost ! - and he and his wife are regular visitors to our house - with lots of nights out thrown in for good measure !
Another deserter ... Max made good his escape last year and now works closer to home and his family in the North East ! This was taken in a London hotel - we were all working on yet another project at the time ...
Same project, same hotel, this is Helen (wow, these are really bringing back the memories ! We all headed out to covent garden for a beautiful italian meal, then after the umpteenth bottle of wine we all decided it would be a wonderful idea to go on the London Eye - sheesh - thank goodness it was closed - I'm terrified of heights !!!!This motley crew is our helpdesk - as at November 2005 ! It has changed somewhat (hasn't everything LOL) but I wanted to post a reminder ...
I was messing around with Mike CC's Nikon in the office one day and managed to catch a candid of Ian in mid-speech ...
I was actually surrounded by people who are camera mad - which is really cool cos you can talk photography while in the office - this is Nick playing around with his new Canon !
The view from my desk - and Jason heading out ...
Another photography geek (the one facing me) is Tim - he usually works up in Derbyshire but was down with us for a meeting ...
Adam ... one of our web guys - he has also become a good friend over the last couple of years - in fact, he and his wife are popping over this weekend to see us. Adam's wife has started her own business (quick plug for her) - go visit http://www.simplysensual.co.uk/ - beautiful lingerie awaits !
Donald eating his own hand ... actually, we were talking cameras again - Donald is a Pentax user !
Another of our web designers taking a peek from behind his screen :)
I hope, if any of you guys see these, that they bring back as many memories for you as they did for me ... I had 10 wonderful years with you lot scattered along the way ...

Keep in touch now !!!

Gill x

5 comments:

  1. Taking the plunge and going full time are we?

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place won't be the same without you Gill ! :-)

    Good Luck with your photography business - not that you'll need any, your photo's speak for themselves !

    Keep in touch, I'll miss you !

    Saz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place won't be the same without you !

    Good Luck with the Photography business - not that you will need it, your photo's speak for themselves and Im sure you will do well.

    Take care and keep in touch, I'll miss you ! :-) Saz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks chaps - still getting used to hoovering in the middle of the day LOL

    Saz - missing you lot already !!!

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoovering ? Don't tell me your doing the ironing next? ha ha

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)