Sunday 1 July 2007

Masked Ball at The Mount !

Ooh - sorry I've been away - it's that time of year for a wedding photographer and so I have been busy pulling together albums, processing weddings, shooting weddings ... the list goes on !

But we did manage to take a night off and head out to a Summer Masked Ball at the Mount Hotel in Wolverhampton.

We were greeted by a fire juggling display, then inside for hors d'eauvres and champagne, before heading in to the grand ballroom for a 4 course meal and some entertainment. We had 2 crooners who belted out some rat pack music (which we absolutely love) and then a comedian (not particularly my sort of humour - a bit too OTT smutty - you know the sort !). A magician did the rounds and he was really very good - I could have watched his card tricks all night ! John and I left for home just as the disco started as I wanted an early start on processing a wedding (no, not because we're old LOL).

I brought a little point and shoot camera with me so here are a few images ...

This is me perusing the menu - we started with smoked chicken and asparagus, then salmon something or other, then lamb (I hate lamb, so someone else got that) and finally lemon cake and berry basket - yep, diabetics worst nightmare ! Still, the wine was free !!!
This is me doing my impression of posh spice wearing her enormous sunglasses LOL ...

I managed to get John to pus a mask on ... well, when you are designated driver and everyone else is having a drink, it tends to be a bit tedious, doesn't it !!!

The magician, doing his "I'm going to turn this fiver into a twenty right before your very eyes" trick - pretty impressive slight of hand - great stuff !
Then on to the 3 pieces of rope all different lengths, tie them together, hocus pocus, untie them and they are all the same length - HOW do they do that - I was totally fascinated !!!
Here are our chums for the evening - this is Sarah and Mark ...

And Jacqui and Ross (from Australia) ...

Gill x

1 comment:

  1. That's scary, you without the mask.

    :-)))))))

    Only joking, you know me.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)