Sunday 30 September 2007

Some of my favourites ...

October is generally a quiet month for me - I have a portrait shoot later today and an engagement shoot in a couple of weeks - oh, not forgetting my birthday next week too :) So I generally have some time to sift through some favourite images that I am going to use for promotional purposes or just for bloggin !

Here are a few of my favourites ... comments welcome as always :)

This was a shot taken in a marquee as the staff were dishing up dessert - I focused in on the words, leaving the rest of the cake slightly out of focus ... yum !



This was an early 2006 wedding - before I was blogging ! Even though the dress is blown out in this, I love the laughter and sense of motion ... this was their favourite image from their day ...



I second shot a premier footballer's wedding with Sophie Griffiths last year - this is definitely a favourite of mine and one I use for my backdrops at wedding fayres ...



You will perhaps remember I got hired to cover some bridal preps a few weeks ago ... this is my favourite image - it is usually quite difficult to find somewhere to show off the dress while it is hanging up in the morning - for this one, I closed the doors to the bedroom and shot in natural daylight which was flooding in through the windows. I think the sloppy border and BW conversion really add to the beauty of the dress ...



Another one of my fayre stand images ... this was taken while Kim was actually signing the register, with daylight streaming in through the church windows, no flash, unobtrusive ... I think these make for better images than cheesy posed shots :)



This next one was a complete grab shot of the bride's kicked-off shoes ...



The next 2 are further stand images ... I love getting my brides to pose as if they were going into a magazine spread ! Work it, Ladies ! :)





This last shot has caused much discussion in our house ... I love it, Hubs hates it ... hey, at least it is creating reactions either way, right?



Gill x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)