Wednesday 23 January 2008

A pretty manic start to 2008 !!!

I always knew January would be a little bit crazy for me but I could never have predicted just how much ... all in a good way.

It seems such a long time ago that I was in full time corporate employment and so I still pinch myself when I get to do cool things in the middle of the week :)

Tampa Convention

I shot my last 2 weddings of 2007 on 29th and 31st December - I had 2 days of chilling out before heading to Tampa for a photography convention - what a blast that was !!! This is an annual convention attended by photographers from all over the world (mainly US) and is a chance for us all to catch up, network, meet people we have chatted to virtually and to attend seminars too.

I had a wonderful time and came back all inspired and ready for the year ahead !!!

I have a few thank you's and so I hope you guys will indulge me ... click on the names if you are curious as to who these people are ...

To Yvonne - for putting up with my sleep-talking and snoring !
To JP and Amy - for looking after me when I was so far away from home on my own !
OK - ditto to the above JP for sloppy dancing ... more to follow ... :)
To Randy - for newfound friendship and sharing creativity ... here's to the 2008 season
To Melissa - well, you know what for, girl !!!

I could go on and on but I would bore you senseless ... so a final few words, thank you David Williams, for all the advice and friendship - invaluable on both counts. Jeff, Gina, Jen, J, V, Chris, I miss you guys so much too :(

And a final word ... Simon, please don't give up the day job - that sloppy dance was total rubbish !!! :)))

London SWPP Convention

As if that wasn't quite enough to start the year off ... I am working as UK rep for a wonderful Australian photographer, Jerry Ghionis (hard G, silent H) and so I headed off to Londond this last weekend to set up a booth and sell some of Jerry's products - these are aimed at the photographer who wants to gain inspiration and raise their creative bar. Check out Jerry's site for some information. We are also exchibiting at Focus on Imaging in a few weeks so come and visit us !

Here are a few photos from the London trip ...






No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)