Sunday 9 November 2008

Personal Post (Week 45)

BBC Press Office - Week 45 (1 to 7 November)

Sorry for being a day late in posting ... busy weekend ... grab a cuppa and read on :)

What a busy week ! I was glued to the PC pretty much 24/7 getting client's albums designed and ordered, getting them ready for the Christmas rush. I did manage to tear myself away for a couple of things though ... Monday was the DWF Day in the Life project, where we had to shoot something that reflected what we were doing on that day ... here are my 3 submissions ...







Naturally, Tess is the star (isn't she always, these days? But, come on ! How cute !!) :)

The other thing I managed to do was tidy my office ... oh boy, was THAT long overdue. 5 carrier bags of rubbish, a mountain of cardboard recycling and numerous boxes of assorted crap up into the loft ... honestly, I had no idea there was actually a floor in this room !! It was great to get it all sorted, ready for my weekend meetings with clients who can now actually fit into the room with me.

I booked another cool wedding this week ... thanks to Ruth and Steve who are getting married next September at the Moat House in Acton Trussell, one of my favourite venues. I'm really looking forward to shooting their pre-wedding session in the spring too.

On Friday my friend and fellow photographer, Mike Sullivan, came over so that we could sort out his website ... we do this once a year as, like me, he likes to keep things fresh. Mike is based in Evesham, Worcestershire, so it's a bit of a trek, but worth it for the results. We got his site sorted and built him a blog so he can, well, do a bit of this ! LOL. Looking forward to reading your posts, Mike :)

Of course, no week would be complete for us without a good old stomp up on the Chase with Tess ... Saturday was our day of choice (well, Sunday was just awful weather, wasn't it !) and here are a few shots from the walk (for the photographers out there, all taken with the 1D IIN and 70-200 IS 2.8).









One final thought ... yesterday was, of course, Remembrance Sunday. I have a very personal story to share ... when I was very young I was in the Girls Brigade. Every year we would go to church in our dress uniforms, along with any surviving veterans, who would lay wreaths with the most senior girls (brigaders and upwards). Being a senior, I couldn't do this but it was always my dream to lay the wreath with my Grandfather. Long story short, the rules were broken and I was allowed to do this with him ... it was the last one he ever attended, making it even more poignant. There are no photos of the event, just my memories. However, I did manage to look out a very old photo of my Grandfather ... with me. Please excuse the poor quality, I didn't have time to repair it for posting, but if I'm honest, I actually prefer the authenticity :)



So I hope you all have a WONDERFUL week ahead, I'm going to take a few days off for a visit from my Mum and, well, I just need a break :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the shot of Tess and Tom. You don't even need the speech bubble to work out what Tom is thinking!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)