Friday 2 January 2009

Roz & Phil - Packington Moor

This is a bit of an oddity for me ... Roz & Phil got married 2 days after John's heart attack ! The minute I had him shipped off to hospital in the ambulance, I lifted the phone and called my friend, Matt Pereira, asking him to post on the Digital Wedding Forum, to ask for someone to cover me.

Couples ask me all the time "what happens if you fall ill, or similar" ... I always tell them that I have a great network of other professional photographers, but that, actually, I have never needed to call on them. Well, this was one major test of that networking and within 1 hour of Matt posting to the forum, I had cover. Seriously. 1 hour. Yvonne Blume checked in on the thread, watching for posts, and called me as soon as it was all sorted. It turned out that another good friend, Jon Rouston, was available and was all good to go !

The relief that it was all covered was immense ... I could be with John in hospital and not even think about the wedding, safe in the knowledge it was in good hands.

And so, I can't actually post any images from the wedding ... BUT, I can share Jon's blog post, which really shows what a great photographer he is and how well he worked with Roz & Phil on the day ... thanks, Jon !!

Here is the link ... enjoy !


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)