Wednesday 7 October 2009

Birthday Fun in the South of France

Hi guys ... sorry I've been absent but I have a great excuse ... last weekend I celebrated my 40th birthday by flying down to Nice with my husband for a short break. I didn't want to be at home on this dreaded milestone and we both love Nice, so why not.

Here are a few snaps of the trip ... all taken with my Canon G10.

Just turned 40 ... having fun with the G10 outside Waynes bar (great opportunity to hang with our friend Dave who has worked there for 6 years ... check out the team profiles)



Seriously, how hard is it to try and look cool for the camera LOL



The view from the hotel ... so many of the buildings in Nice are like this, rustic and very, well, French !



A few more of the buildings and sights in and around Nice













The stunning coastline





The incredible war memorial by the harbour ... some people in the image for scale



Little old us ... enjoying the sunshine





We headed off to Monaco for the day on Monday

John with his new purchase (the sunglasses that is LOL)



The harbour



The palace



A final shot of John looking pretty cool


4 comments:

  1. Gill! Love it and happy birthday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shots, especially the portraits....I have been thinking about getting a G10 or G11 as a travel camera so I not so encumbered with equipment on short breaks, how do you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy ... thank you !

    Phil ... love it, it is compact, but packs a punch. All these were shot in RAW and converted in LR, then processed in PS, exactly the same as with my big boy cameras :)

    Honestly, you will NOT be disappointed with either the G10 or the G11 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful photos Gill...I can almost taste the pain au chocolat :-) Happy birthday, and I salute you for celebrating in style!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)