Tuesday 28 April 2009

Emma & Rob | Wedding | Sandon Hall



Last Saturday I had the pleasure of spending the day with Emma, Rob and their family and friends. They had flown in from Dublin the previous week to finalise all the details, pick up their wedding rings, and of course to get married ! Many of their family and friends had flown in for the celebrations ... I have to say I felt very at home surrounded by so many people from my homeland.

The day started off pretty wet and miserable, so we all got it into our heads that we would be rained on ... well, nothing could have been further from the truth ... the sun soon came out and shone on us all for the whole day, just glorious !

I was accompanied for the day by my friend Matt Wagster, who had travelled down from Manchester to shoot the wedding with me. We had a lot of fun and hopefully that shows in the images.

The day started when I dropped Matt off with Rob at The Swan Hotel in Stafford, before I headed off to Emma's parents home in Hixon. The ceremony was beautiful and the church was packed to the rafters with guests. The incorporated an Irish tradition of lighting candles (the idea is that the 2 initial candles represent the bride & groom ... they light a master candle then blow these out, signifying their union). The vicar, Philip, was very cool and his sermon was interesting and funny.

Then it was off to Sandon for reception ... one of my favourite venues, the staff are fantastic, the grounds are vast and, of course, the venue itself isn't too shabby !

Here, as always, are a few favourites of mine from the day ... I hope you enjoy them :)



































Emma & Rob, thank you so much for having us for your wedding, it was a joy ... wishing you all the best for a wonderful future together.

6 comments:

  1. so cool - as always, LOVING your details shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cracking stuff, as ever. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Gill. I love Sandon, my last award was shot there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous, Gill! I LOVE the pairing of the last two shots...the whole set is just fabulous :) - amazing details. Congratulations, Emma and Rob!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, simply gorgeous! I just love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent images as always and I love that reception - brings back some great memories ;-)))

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)