Monday 27 April 2009

A Surprise Restoration ...

My mother gave me a small photo of my late grandmother, Lydia, a couple of years ago, and with one thing or another happening, it sat in my to-do folder all that time. Mum completely forgot about it, which made a surprise perfect.

This is what I had to work with ...



After a LOT of work in photoshop, this is what I managed to do ...



I framed it in a lovely black frame with cream double mount and posted it off, to be signed for. Of course, Dad was at home and phoned Mum at work to tell her something had arrived (oh poo) and she told him to open it, thinking it was something else I was sending ...

The voicemail I received was so worth it, she was completely and utterly delighted :)

4 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job on this, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! I remember when you were working on it. What a great gift to your Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christy ... and Ellen, I remember your words of encouragement on twitter ... she was so pleased, you were dead right about that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's gorgeous... well done on your hard work, it's really paid off

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)