Tuesday 5 May 2009

Coco

In this day and age of multiple communication sites (Facebook, Twitter, Blogs) one wonders if they really are just a waste of time, or if they have their uses. I am in the "useful" camp ... I love communicating with people from all over the world, hearing little snippets of others' lives, looking at beautiful photography, etc ...

Following John's heart attack in December I got an email from a friend who I hadn't seen for 5 years ... Dawn lived in the same apartment block as me when I lived in Strathaven in Scotland and we were firm friends right up til I moved to England, then life took over for both of us. The usual sentiments of "we must keep in touch" got taken over by our jobs and various "stuff" ... you all know how it goes. And so my heart lifted when we started communicating again. She had seen my blog post and immediately got in touch.

Last week, Dawn, her husband Chris and their little puppy, Coco, came for a visit. It was as if we had never had the 5 year gap, we sat up the first night til 3am just chatting, catching up, accompanied by some good wine :) Coco and Tess became chums over the few days they were here, too.

Dawn and Chris were rather camera shy (both are suffering from illnesses just now and didn't feel very photogenic) so I kept the camera trained on the doggies for the duration ... this is a fave one of Coco ... I swear, she DOES have eyes in there somewhere LOL



I hope you all had a great bank holiday, regardless of the weather !!

1 comment:

  1. Love this picture, the dogs tongue texture looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)