Tuesday 23 June 2009

Inspiration from Industry Leader ... on Sale !

As with any other industry or career, us photographers like to keep up to date with new techniques and fresh ideas. We do this in many ways, including attending workshops, reading high end glossy magazines ... and on ...

I am extremely fortunate to be associated with one of our industry's leaders, Jerry Ghionis, a Melbourne based master photographer who has been named one of the top 10 photographers in the world, more than once ! His awards list literally reads like a novel and to top it off he is actually one of the nicest people I have ever met. I am also delighted to be able to call him, and his gorgeous wife Georgina, friends.

So, where am I going with this, you might ask ... well, this one is really for the photographers who follow my blog (although I am sure my clients are happy to read about my desire to keep on top of my game :)) ... Jerry is not only a great photographer, he is a wonderful teacher, willing to share his vast knowledge with anyone willing to learn. His website The Ice Society is a font of knowledge (head over to see some of the free samples, or why not take the plunge and become a member !) and his training products, videos and book, Gorgeous, are filled with every day inspiration for weddings, portraits and fashion photography.

For the first time EVER, and for a limited time only (til the end of July) there is a whopping sale on all of his products ... seriously, there are some fab savings to be had. I absolutely LOVE his picpockets and regularly flick through them prior to a shoot, just to get some ideas and refresh my mind before heading off with my camera. I can often be found on a Friday night sipping a glass of red and watching one of his DVDs ... entertaining, enlightening and inspirational.

I don't often blog stuff like this, but I figured I'd get the word out to all of you while this wonderful opportunity is open.

If you have any questions, shoot me an email or leave a comment below this post :)



(Image courtesy of Jerry Ghionis / The Ice Society)

Gill

PS: I've been asked to make the link to Jerry's site a little clearer ... so here you go !

http://www.theicesociety.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)