Sunday 20 September 2009

Ruth & Steve | Wedding | Moat House, Acton Trussell

You may remember Ruth & Steve from their fun pre wedding shoot on the river ... both are very keen canoeists, in fact they both compete ... they are also mad snow boarders and a favourite destination of theirs is in Canada ... where Steve proposed a year ago.

A while back, they set up in business together selling custom canoes, you can view their stuff at www.hydraasports.co.uk.

So, yesterday found us at their wedding, a beautiful affair at the Moat House, one of Stafford's gems. I got the following text this evening from Ruth:
Hi Gill, jut wanted to say thanks for everything yesterday, I loved having the photos taken and as you probably realised I usually hide from cameras ...
So, without further ado ... some favourites from the day ... oh, I was ably assisted by Matt, who borrowed by lensbaby 2.0 for the day (jealous !) ...















I reckon nerves and heat had something to do with the fact that Steve struggled to fit Ruth's ring on her hand ... that took some pushing and shoving ! LOL









The lensbaby effect !

















Fun speeches ...







Lensbaby cake cutting ...



Thanks for having me ... and feeding me like a guest ! Totally appreciated that and man, that chicken was to die for ! Have a great honeymoon and see you both soon ! Gill x


For the photographers ... the majority of photos were taken on Canon 5D with 70-200, 50 1.2 and 16-35. And of course a lensbaby. The BW's were processed using Jeff Ascough's new Silver Actions, either the 400 film or 800 film, depending on what look I wanted.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Gill,

    Awesome photos. Cool shots with the lens baby. Great processing with the Silver Actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gill, you have captured the day wonderfully - love some of the post processing work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic turn-around time! Very impressive!!
    I've got countless posts ready to hit the blog soon so I will ping you when they're over :o)
    I'm sure your couple will be over the moon with the photos!!
    sj.p

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all fantastic, but that has to be the greatest shoe shot I've ever seen!!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)