Wednesday 9 July 2008

A few more from London ... and a new lens :)


After much consideration I finally decided to buy myself a new, yummy, scrummy, rrrrrrrrrrrrrr, 85mm 1.2 Canon pro lens ... I have been dying to get my hands on one since I tried a friend's mark I version out around 3 or 4 years ago ... so I treated myself to the mark II and I must say, initial indications are that this is one beautiful lens !

So, I lined up my usual subject, Tigger (singular subject matter this time - the other cat, Tom,was more interested in sticking his head in the pot of cream I left out for recycling !!) and shot a few to see what this lens was all about. I popped in the memory card and realised I had some shots from London still on there ...

It never ceases to amaze me, really, that photographers really are just a bunch of posers at heart LOL and when we all get together we practice poses and technique ... so here are a few taken in the Hoxton Hotel lobby (I think the one of me was taken by David, but not sure !)

Lemme know what you think ... leave a comment !

Oh, the final shot is with the new lens ... that's Tigger, looking veeeery happy about having his photo taken haha





5 comments:

  1. No - it could not have been my shot as the bottom of your hand is chopped off :) I don't mind that at all though! I can't remember if I took it or not due to a little consumption of rather tasty beer...

    Lovely shot of Steve and I don't look too bad either :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd suggest getting a lock for you camera bag........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks David ... I rather like that one of you, regardless of quantity of beer consumed at the time ... in fact, I think it made you relax a tad :)

    Paul ... mits off, mate :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you smiling :)

    Was Tig in a mood as usual? haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. one day I will get my hands on one of these! Although I do so love the cheap but very good 50mm 1.8!
    P

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)