Wednesday 30 July 2008

Fun in the Sun with Models ... and lots of Cameras !

Being a full time photographer is often a lonely existence ... spending many hours alone, processing client's images, dealing with e-mails, blogging, all of that, alone in front of a pc (boo hoo, I know LOL), but on occasion it is great to be able to get together with other photographers to have a bit of fun. That is exactly what I did on Sunday - I arranged for a bunch of us to meet up in Birmingham, at the Bar Estilo in the Maibox, for lunch then on to shoot a couple of models we had arranged. One of the models, Ellie, you have seen before, but we needed a "bride" and so Steve Sutton jumped in at the last minute with a friend of his, complete with designer wedding dresses - yuuuum.

I had expected to just shoot while there, but as there were some photographers who wanted to know how I did certain things, I wound up talking, a LOT (sorry guys haha). We looked at various locations (after getting moved on from the Mailbox - sheesh) and found a little oasis in the middle of the city - the tower and portico of St Thomas's church and an adjacent peace garden. The sun was shining so we had a lot of fun with light and shadow. Ellie and Laura were absolute stars and even managed to work in all that heat (hitting 30 degrees at one point) - thanks girls :)

One of the photographers posted to his blog and had some lovely words to say about me, too (blush).
My thanks to all who made it ... one of whom made a 10 hour round trip just to listen to me !!

Here are some favourites from the day ...
Ellie ...







Laura ...




Steve ...



This guy managed to sleep through the entire shoot ... LOL

3 comments:

  1. I don't care for the bride in front of the gate. Her expression looks mad...what did you do to her? :)

    The other model has legs that go on forever...she looks like a lot of fun to work with.

    I'd like to see something sexier from that model though...

    Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, boudoir shoot being arranged with Ellie as we speak ... teaser shots will, of course, be posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (quote)..of that, alone in front of a pc boo hoo, I know LOL...(/quote)
    It would be more fun with a Mac ;-) Some terrific shots there! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)