Tuesday 8 July 2008

Wedding Day for Kirsty & Ben


I first met Kirsty and Ben at their venue about a year before their wedding. I remember playing a slideshow with music from the Buffy musical ... it transpired Kirsty is a massive Buffy fan and so I reckon that sealed the deal LOL ... she signed off her retainer cheque as "Kirsty the Cheque Book Slayer" haha

Their wedding day seemed to come around fast ... don't they all ! Myself and my assistant, Paul, headed off to the hotel where everyone was getting ready ... with everyone in the one place, I was able to do some groom preps as well as the bridals I always get to do.

Ben was extremely nervous, not about getting married, but about doing it all in front of people - I find this a lot with my couples, they are such private people and to have to stand in front of everyone they know - in fact, Ben got so emotional during both his personal vows, and during his speech about his new wife, that she had to step in and give him great big hugs ... there wasn't a dry eye in the house (including me !)

Their wedding was held at Packington Moor, in the Oat Barn, a beautifully restored old building with vaulted ceilings and beautiful gardens ... perfect for a wedding. We managed to mostly dodge the rain all day (good old British summer weather LOL) and everyone had a lot of fun. The reception room was decked out with a Japanese theme ... apparently that's where Ben proposed ! Aaaah

Wishing you love and happiness for the rest of your lives together, guys !

A few favourites ...


















3 comments:

  1. Looks like you challenged yourself to shoot everything vertically this time! Great shoe shot, no one does shoes like Gill! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you implying I am vertically challenged? LOL

    Shoes ... gotta love 'em :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Gill,
    Photos are ace cannot wait to see the rest. Had so much fun with you, and it looks like that has really translated into the images.

    We were surprised a certain photo of our page boy didn't make the blog!!

    Oh, a translation of the scroll you have on here is:
    I love you,
    those three words have my life in them.

    Thanks again, K & B

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)