Monday 21 July 2008

Wedding Day for Sara & James

Last Saturday found me at the beautiful Crewe Hall in Cheshire. A stunning location, combined with glorious weather and a fun couple assured us of a great day !

James has been calling a few times in the week leading up to the wedding, so I knew they were excited and definitely up for some fun with the photos ... that certainly came true and really shines through in the selection here :)

Sara got ready, surrounded by her family and girlfriends, at her parent's home ... I was trying out my new 85 mm lens and she was certainly up for some bridal portraits ... I had a lot of fun finding just the right locations and light in order to get her looking great (like she needed my help LOL)

Then it was off to Crewe Hall to meet up with James and his guys, before Sara arrived and the ceremony got under way. Now, there is a mortifying story I must tell ... I promise, if you book me for your wedding at Crewe, this will never happen again ! The ceremony was well under way and I went to position myself a little closer for the "kiss" ... I moved, stealthily, across the bay window, pushed myself back so as to be a little more discreet ... suddenly, there was an almighty noise reverbarating around the room ! The registrar clutched at his heart, I jumped a couple of feet in the air, the whole room, including the bride and groom, looked around in shock ... then all eyes fell ... on ME ! I had inadvertently knocked the controls for the rather heavy window blind which had started to come crashing down the window ! Well, suffice to say the whole room rolled around in fits of laughter, I was absolutely mortified, but, as Sara told me later, it relaxed their nerves and helped get them through the last part of the ceremony ... PHEW !

The rest of the day went as planned, with fun and games for the photos on the terrace, then off to the wedding breakfast for some funny, some poignant speeches. I was fearful for Sara's makeup a couple of times ... and James's face when the bridesmaids raffled off his X-Box will stay with me a long time LOL

So, here are a few faves ...

Sara and James, I would like to wish ou both a very long, happy marriage ... and I wish you continued good health, Sara ... you go girl ! :)




















5 comments:

  1. Great shots again Gill, it's always nice seeing the results when you've been working flat out all day, especially when they turn out like these!
    I have to say this was a truly blinding wedding ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL

    I forgot to mention that was the opening line from Sara's dad's speech - mortified all over again !

    Thanks for your help, Paul, invaluable as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, as usual ... you're getting pretty good at this stuff, huh !

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. That story has got to be the nightmare that all wedding photographers have the night before a wedding. That and running late for the wedding and not being able to find your way!

    Sara looks very happy. The 5th image down on this post is my favorite. Beautiful, soft light and her eyes just draw you in. Very nice image. She has to absolutely love these!

    It's nice to see the venues you have to work with from across the Pond! So different than this part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gill,

    The photos are amazing...we love them all! We had a great laugh with you on the day. Thank you for making it all so easy.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)