Sunday 26 October 2008

Personal Post (Week 43)

October 26 is the 299th day of the year (300th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 66 days remaining until the end of the year. Wikipedia

This day in history ...

Wow, here we are on my last personal post of October ... I remember when I was a kid and we had 8 weeks off in the Summer, those 8 weeks seemed to last a lifetime, now? Sheesh, summer is well and truly come and gone, autumn is on the way out, fast, the clocks have gone back already and we are hurtling headlong into Christmas ! In fact, the Christmas adverts have started and are in full swing !!

So, this week finds us at Halloween, a "holiday" I deplore. Fireworks are the bain of my life, as my cats HATE them with a vengeance. It will certainly be interesting to see if Tess reacts the same way ... interestingly the usual bombardment of these awful creations should have already started, but thankfully this year they seem to be waiting until the actual holiday before beginning, thank goodness.

I shot my last wedding for 6 weeks yesterday, a truly intimate affair in a working museum (Erasmus Darwin Museum) in Lichfield. I had the rare treat of being able to take the bride and groom on walkabout for an hour around this historic town and will be blogging our adventures with some gorgeous photos in the next couple of days. I have a couple of portrait sessions booked in for November and a visit from my Mother to look forward to, but other than that the month has been set aside to get all my albums sorted, work on some marketing for 2009 and maybe take some time off to enjoy with my family (ie husband and animals) ... John gets pretty lonely on weekends while I'm working, so I intend to spend as much weekend time with him and the brood as possible before launching into my winter weddings in December :)

Tess is GREAT ! Honestly, we have the best dog in the entire world. She is a total sweetheart and loves everyone and every other dog she meets too. She is getting used to walking on the leash and has spent some fun time on Cannock Chase (where she gets her biggest, most tiring walks LOL). She is also growing at an alarming rate and her fur is changing to a lighter, prettier shade, she really is a gorgeous wee thing. The cats are still wary, but less so ... nuff said on that for now haha.

I booked a really cool wedding today for an Aug 09 wedding ... thanks Amanda and David ! I am really looking forward to getting the pre-wedding shoot sorted ... Nice in April, here we come !

So, another week gone ... here is my photo of the week ...



Have a great week 44 everyone !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)