Sunday 5 October 2008

Personal Post (Week 40)

Well, the jury has decided ... personal posts are preferred on the main blog ... thanks so much for all who took the time to complete the survey and give me the honest feedback. I will keep to one blog and will post a weekly personal post by week number ... with only 1 post per week, the blog won't get too cluttered :)

Earlier in the week, I managed to grab a few shots of Tess as we played in the garden ... she is growing at an alarming rate, so I thought, being a photographer an' all, that I should document her development. Well, running around after a bouncy puppy with a camera is fun and games to say the least.

We're happy to report that after a (slightly) dodgy start and a trip to the vets, she's doing really well, settling in, LOVES chasing the cats (no, they don't particularly enjoy that part) and is looking forward to her injections tomorrow so she can finally go for walkies :)

She did finally settle down once she had something to chew ... what can I say, my dog has taste LOL



Time for a good old ear scratch ... ooooh, feels good ...



Cutest little face ever? LOL


My friend Matt arrived with us on Wednesday to stay for a few days ... shooting with me on Friday (portrait session) and Saturday (wedding) and also celebrating my birthday with us on Saturday after the wedding.

So the first night he cooked up a storm in our kitchen (whilst bumping his noggin on our cooker hood, quite a few times LOL) - the chilli did not dissapoint, but there appears to be enough to feed a small country so I may have to east chilli for the next week and a half !!

Here he is, complete with cooking ingredient (no, not sure why that had to feature, it just did haha)



Matt gave me strict instructions not to waken him in the morning, to just let him sleep, so we did. However, having been up at totally unGodly hours of the night for the last 3 weeks, it all got a bit much and I decided to have a sleep on the sofa ... this is what happens when you leave your camera lying around, ready to go !



But fear not, I did manage to get him back when I came downstairs after doing some work to find this ...



Yep, the sofa is clearly soaked in chloroform !!!

Friday night's session went really well and my couple were so pleased they had 2 photographers shooting them ! We had a lot of fun in a couple of hours and I will post the results soon ... in the meantime, here is a shot Matt took of me, as a test with backlighting from the sun, before placing the couple in the same position ... I love it ! Thanks Matt :)



So,that's this week's update ... more next week :)

4 comments:

  1. ohmigosh YES - cutest little face ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The look on Tess' face is priceless. Almost as if she realizes she is not escaping that photo. :D

    .V

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gill

    You look so happy in that picture..it's lovely.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gill, the photo of you sleeping wth tess wide awake is GORGEOUS.

    she is so so so so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)