Monday 25 August 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad !

Today my father celebrates his 66th birthday ! Man, does that make me feel old LOL

Angus Arthur, better known as Gus to friends and family, was born in Belfast in 1942, with a shock of bright red hair and the freckles he passed on to me ! I was his first born and apparently he was so gooey over me that Mum couldn't get a look in, he just wanted to be so involved.

The following story pretty much sums up the sort of person he is : After much resistence I got my first motorbike in 1991. When I passed my bike test a short 3 months later, I got home to a traditional Ulster Fry for my efforts (let me put it this way, Dad doesn't ask once if you are hungry, it goes something like this ... hungry? no, thanks, want some toast? no, thanks, porridge maybe? and on and on LOL). So off I go and buy a bigger, faster bike the very next day. It was only then that he admitted to being a biker for a short while in the 60's ! Honestly, all that resistence against a daughter so like him haha

When I started writing this post, I went looking for a recent photo of my Dad and, to my dismay and shame, found none, so I reckon a trip home with camera is on the cards !

Here is a scan of a favourite photo of both my parents, in much younger guise :) Dad famously wearing no top, as usual !

So, Happy 66th Birthday, Dad - big hugs from the Taylors !

2 comments:

  1. God but ur like ur Dad, lol
    Luvin the website
    D xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the babies and the snowzer. I probably spelt the later wrongbut you know who I mean, i'm sure.


    lol Mum

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)