Wednesday 13 August 2008

We've Named The Puppy !

Thank you so much to all those who voted for our new puppy's name. The winner on the poll was Willow, but read on, it gets interesting ...

When we first decided that we wanted a female puppy, the first name out of my lips was Tess ... but we decided that, as that was indeed the first name, we should keep trawling and thinking, hence the poll ... at the last minute, someone added Tess in the "Other" section of the vote and that was it, it was definitely meant to be !

So I did some research and discovered that the most famous Tess was "Tess of the D'Urbervilles", by Thomas Hardy. Check out Wikipedia to get a summary of the story. I checked out what sort of person Tess was and she is described as being "a fresh, pretty country girl with a good heart and a sensitive soul" - well, we can't really go wrong with that, can we :)

We are sooooo excited now. I saw her yesterday and the breeder reckons she is developing so quickly we can have her a week sooner, probably the 14th September - how cool !

I'll be posting photos (of course, LOTS of photos) as soon as we get her home and settled in :)

Thanks again, and especially to the person who read my mind !

We now have all the T's - Tig, Tom and Tess Taylor !

Gill

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)