Tuesday 5 August 2008

Vacation Favourites !

One of the tiny downsides of being a wedding photographer is the inability to take a vacation in the Summer ... it being the busiest time of year, of course ! I noticed a little window of opportunity in my calendar in July and decided at the very last minute to take a few days out and go somewhere ... but where ! I started looking around and realised quickly that, of course, high season is pretty expensive *gulp* so I just about gave up on the idea - hey, I could take a few days of and just do nothing at home (yeah, right, like that would happen LOL) ...

A friend (and client) of mine, Audrey, has a beautiful villa in Portugal ... you probably remember my recent posts when I went over there to shoot it for their new promotional website? Well, the villa was free for a week and so I went off and booked some flights, packed and got ready for 6 whole days lying around a private pool, drinking local wines, eating fresh, locally grown, food ... bliss !

I decided not to take a "big" camera with me ... bit like a busman's holiday, that ! Instead I took my trusty little Canon S5 bridge camera, easily chucked in my handbag and handy for some holiday snaps ...

These are my favourites and so I wanted to share them with you ...

Playing with sunflare (do I ever stop ! LOL)



Moi as taken by John :)





Well, that's the holidays done for this year ... sigh ...

2 comments:

  1. Just to let you know that we think you are very gifted and clever. You should be very proud of your achievements! You have proven to be a very talented photographer. Well done you. Love M XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well deserved holiday, I'm sure...

    Now get back to work!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)