Tuesday 19 August 2008

Wedding Day for Dee & Don

I first met Dee & Don over a year ago at a bridal fayre I regularly exhibit at ... they came by my stand and really loved my work. Of course, as I recommend to so many of my couples, they went off for a private chat, before hurrying back in just before the end of the show, to book me and secure my services for their wedding.

And what a beautiful wedding it was. Peckforton was the location for the whole day, with preps and civil ceremony in the Great Hall (man, those ceilings) followed by a blessing in the castle chapel, really quaint and packed full of family and friends. There followed a traditional dove release (with a beautiful reading by one of their bridesmaids out on the sprawling lawns) - I did manage to capture one of the doves in full flight, but Dee looks a bit frightened LOL

After a mingle with guests, we headed off for some bridal portraits and Don surprised Dee with an absolutely stunning Leo diamond necklace ! Jealous ! haha

The speeches were hilarious, far too many shots to share here :) then it was on for the dancing and boy, that dancefloor was packed within minutes of the first dance !

Dee and Don ... I know you have already had 16 wonderful years together, starting out as childhood sweethearts, but I would like to take this opportunity to wish you many more happy years to come, congratulations to you both and to your families. Thanks for having me.

As always, a few teasers ...

- oh, I have been toying with a new BW recipe and some different borders (I get bored easily LOL) - feedback welcome !

















3 comments:

  1. Stunning, especially like the ceremony ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, loving those black and whites - where DID you get the idea !? lol

    And your borders are cool too - where they from ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovin the images !
    Even with just that sneak preview, it looks you've bagged that day good 'n propper
    The one of the 'first' ceremony framed with all that ceiling - OMG ! and the FOTB ... and the groom's speach and ...the stairs ... and and .......

    and when can I play again ????

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)