Monday 4 August 2008

The Photographer's Wedding Dress

As you know from previous posts I was very lucky to be able to help out at a recent Jerry Ghionis 5-day workshop in London. I had attended the Florence workshop as a candidate, but London was more behind the scenes for me. I assisted with the final touches of setting up, making the room look and feel comfortable (5 days is a long time to be practically in 1 space), posing for Jerry so he could show how he does it and then getting my wedding dress on and heading off around London to be a "model" LOL for the photographers and for Jerry.

Jerry sent me a particular favourite of mine, so I could at least have a decent photo of me in my wedding dress ... you see, when I got married 5 years ago, I didn't actually have a professional photographer (*gasp*) for a number of reasons ... I was 2 stone heavier and hated myself, we planned and executed the wedding in 7 weeks (yes, weeks) and there were only 20 of us, so I didn't really think I'd want photos ... to be honest, if I were to change 1 thing, this would be it, I am kicking myself to this day for not hiring a pro for the day !

But here I am, 5 years later, and I finally have a photo I am proud of ... I am wearing my actual wedding dress, I've dropped that 2 stone (finally) and my professional photographer was named as one of the top 10 wedding photographers in the world ! What more could I ask for !

I am not going to say how this was set up or shot, nor give away any techniques, that's what his workshops are for, but I did want to share this with my friends and clients ... go on, you know you've been dying to know what I got married in LOL

Here you go ...

2 comments:

  1. Awesome photo and dress Gill, :) I love the texture and play of shadows across it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Definitely has "Jerry" written all over it!

    The model ain't bad, either! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to reading your lovely comments and thoughts :)